Call for Papers (English)
CALL FOR PAPERS
6th International Colloquium on Epistemology and Sociology of Management Science
26 – 28 April 2017 – Florianópolis – SC – Brazil
- Epistemological Analysis of Management Science
- Sociology of Management Science
- Rationality in Organizations
- Epistemological Analysis of Specific Domains
Maurício Serva; Raphael Schilickmann; Vanêssa Pereira Simon; Danilo Melo; Gustavo Matarazzo; Sérgio Boeira; Tiago Bini; Jorge Sturmer; Diego Domingos;Juliana Carraro; Nadja Aires.
1. International Colloquium Purposes
- Promote an international conference dedicated to the study of epistemology and sociology of management science;
- Integrate researchers across different domains of science on an international network whose themes are relevant and contribute to the development of knowledge of the area;
- Stimulate discussions on the scientific rigor the problematic of epistemology and sociology of management science and organizational studies.
2. Key Dates
June 20, 2016 – Start of submission of the papers and registration for the event
February 06, 2017 – Deadline of papers submission
February 13, 2017 – Deadline of papers submission
February 27 2017 – Notification of papers acceptance/rejection for presentation
March 08, 2017 - Notification of papers acceptance/rejection for presentation
March 15, 2017 – Deadline of registration for authors of accepted papers
March 20, 2017 – Deadline of registration for authors of accepted papers
- Deadline of early registration discount
April 26, 27, 28/ 2017 – Realization of the Colloquium
I. Epistemological Analysis of Management Science
- Studies of the epistemological basis of management and organization theories;
- New perspectives on ideology and science in management;
- Epistemology of management science status and development;
- Issues and trends in management as applied social science;
- Possibilities and limits of multi-paradigmatic analysis;
- Debate on the fragmentation of organizational theory;
- Trends and sophistication of the functionalist paradigm;
- Challenges to the critical paradigm: theoretical framework and application in management.
II. Sociology of Management Science
- Management approach, under the terms of its institutions;
- Role-play interactions among the actors in the management field: power, interest, symbolic exchanges, strategies and rationality;
- Socio-historical conditions of the preparation and dissemination of scientific literature in this area;
- Interface between science history and sociology of management science.
- Economic ideology of science and the re-politicization of the field, rankings and indexes, managerialism science, productivism, industrialization and slow science (for more information: http://goo.gl/svo9ke).
III. Rationality in Organizations
- Impact of rationality studies on the advancement of the epistemology of management science;
- Management and rationality: proposals for the advancement of knowledge;
- Tension between rationalities in the practice of management;
- Consequences of Guerreiro Ramos approach.
IV. Epistemological Analysis of Specific Domains
- Epistemological analysis of scientific literature in areas related to management, with emphasis on emerging issues, such as social economy endeavors, relationship between civil society, public and market sectors; management as collective action; sustainable territorial development; public policies; among others.
4. Submission of articles:
- Papers should be submitted at the site (www.coloquioepistemologia.com.br/submissao) until February 06, 2017;
- Papers inconsistent with the characteristics and the technical criteria required by the Organizing Committee will not be accepted;
- It is allowed to submit up to two papers per author or coauthor;
- We point out that each paper must be original and should remain so until the end of the conference; If that point was disregarded the author will not be allowed to submit any paper at the next event.
- Authors are fully responsible for the paper’s originality and for correctness of its subject matter, language and formal attributes.
- The evaluation committee will judge the papers solely for their quality, limiting the selection to the appropriate number for presentation in accordance with the available time;
- We accept papers submitted in Portuguese, Spanish, English and French;
- We only will accept papers with wording and correct spelling because that will be taken as a final version.
- At the online submission the authors must include the data from all authors, as the description bellow:
- Indication of the subtopic to which the papers is being submitted
- The full name of the author (s) – maximum of 4 per paper
- Institutionof origin(s) ofauthor (s) andfunction that they perform(eg teacher,doctoral student, engineer, etc.);
- Email from the authors
- Phone and address of the institution they belong for further comunication
- The articles should identify their authors on the first page (as per item 5.2); those whose authorship is identified beyond the first page will be excluded from the event.The papers shouldn’t identify their authors; make sure that your article does not contain explicit or hidden identification along the text;
- The authors with papers accepted will be notified by the Organizing Committee by February 27, 2017 and should make their registration until March 15, 2017;
- Failure to submit the registration of at least one author until March 15, 2017 will result in the exclusion of the article from the event;
- The presentation of papers accepted at the event is mandatory, considering the presence of at least one author. Authors with approved paper that does not show for the presentation will not have papers accepted in the futures events.
5. Formatting Rule
The spelling review and grammatical quality of the texts are sole responsibility of the authors. It is important to notice that the Colloquium Proceedings will be published at the submitted paper versions.
5.1. General Instructions:
- Paper: A4 (29.7 x 21 cm);
- Paper Orientation: Portrait;
- Top: 3 cm
- Bottom 2 cm
- Right: 2 cm
- Left: 3 cm
- Text Editor: Office Word 2003 or later;
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12;
- Spacing: single;
- Paragraph: justified;
- Pages: minimum should be 12 (twelve) pages and should not exceed 35 (thirty five), including the first page (only title, abstract and key words), tables, figures, bibliography;
- Layout: insert number of pages in the bottom on the right side;
- Notes: must be placed at the foot of the corresponding page;
- Citations and references: citations should be inserted in the text, including the surname of the author of the source, date of publication and page number (if any). Full bibliographical references of author(s) quoted should be presented in alphabetical order at the end of the text.
5.2 Contents of first page:
- Title of the paper, centered, bold and with all the main words beginning with uppercase letters;
- The name of the authors, following of theirs respectively emails
- Abstract (in the same language chosen for the text): – minimum of 15 lines (1,200 characters) and a maximum of 30 lines (2,400 characters), single spaced and indication of three to five keywords;
- After the abstract, the main text should be initiated, separated by 3 (three) lines in simple spaces.
Registration for the 6th Colloquium on Epistemology and Sociology of Management Science will be made exclusively through the website: www.coloquioepistemologia.com.br/inscricao
o Authors of accepted papers: R$200.00 until 03/15/2017
o Other participants: R$ 200.00 until 03/15/2017
o R$ 250.00 from 03/16 to 04/28/2017
7. Conference place
Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
8. Further information